and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Lot's wife: what's her name? Reloaded.

"Question: 'A colleague asked me for the name of Lot's wife. I have searched through all of my resources but with no success; she is simply called 'Lot's wife.' Do you know her name?' Beverly (8/7/01)
Answer: No where in scripture is Lot's wife mentioned by name. There may be some (extra-biblical) historical account somewhere that names her specifically.
***

A reader emailed me to tell me that: 'There was a question (answer) on Jeopardy referring to Lot's wife and as a salty character and said her name was Ildeth. This particular show aired on March 24, 2004'. This may be her name, but the bible doesn't tell us for sure."

From Lot's wife... A pillar of salt? forwarded by my buddy, whom I miss so much, KitchenBeard.