and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

WE SAW MARS, THIS WEEKEND, FROM THE PINES

this was the weekend the weather was perfect.
that my friends and i made a pact
that we stuck with the pact.
that we learned more about each other and ourselves.
that we discovered there was fun to be had.

it was also the weekend

we saw mars and it moved like an airplane with a red blinking sidelight.
kojakaroo was knocked to the floor by my wind-milling arms.
i was told i was weird. "no, wait, not weird, let's say... unique"
my love for chocolate clashed with the 420th ingredient in the (several) brownies i ate at Mr. M's picnic.

but this weekend when

i heard erich fromm say that love is a decision,
i listened to erich fromm say that love is commitment,
i paid attention to Mr. M telling me about his commitment ceremony, erich fromm and how love is a promise,

i thought of you.

this was the weekend Pink Martini kept singing to me: "LET FOREVER BEGIN TONIGHT"