and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

ENTITLEMENT IS A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT.

STANDARDS
noun: the ideal in terms of which something can be judged (Example: "They live by the standards of their community")
adjective: established or widely recognized as a model of authority or excellence (Example: "A standard reference work")

In two different instances recently, guys that had shown interest in me - and where I had seem the spark of promise that gets me excited, ended up in bed with people close to me. Were they trying to impress me or they just did not care what I would think/feel?

It's beyond that simple - and I am simplifying a lot here.

One of the x's of this axiom is the feeling of entitlement that is integral part of the American culture - it's written in the Constitution. It's a great thing. If used right.

Gay man feels that they can AND should act on EVERY SINGLE SEXUAL IMPULSE they have. And most of them do. It's a self-centered, egotistic and hedonistic approach to life. And one of the reasons why most of us are single: we are not willing to 'give up'. Nothing.

AM I TOO STRICT IN MY STANDARDS?

Standards are good to have. VERY GOOD. And I'm not being hypocritical nor am I a prude (I don't hide things I've done but I am very discreet -- another quality that has been missing around the city). But I also have been in enough relationships, short and long, to learn about its pillars.

Among them RESPECT and COMPROMISE.

Is there an island where they have shipped all the man that think like me? They are certainly not in this island. Unless I have crossed over to a parallel universe...

BUT I AM STILL HOPEFUL...

::::::::::::::::
EMAIL 1
v-
and I thought I'd already met brazil's wild side ?!
d.


::::::::::::::::
EMAIL 2
I love your profile. You're right...the moments are even more special when we have someone to share them with...until then, Enjoy the moments!
Xavier

:::::::: AND, ON SEVERAL OTHER FRONTS, THE WORLD KEEPS TURNING ::::::::
Via Gawker: "On August 18th, a deed was recorded showing that Vincent Gallo's company -- Brown Bunny LLC, in West Hollywood --bought apartment #3N at 173 Perry Street. The purchase price was $1.675 million, and he bought the apartment from a Karen Fleiss of Manhattan. She bought the apartment in 2002 from the condo's sponsor (and actually paid a bit more than $2 million for it). There is no mortgage on file, so Gallo may have paid cash. The apartment is full-floor: 1853 square feet, plus a 78 square foot 'terrace."

::::::::::::::::
STREET WRITING

"New York is a city of carless walkers
which makes sidewalks an effective medium if you want to spread a message."
::::::::::::::::


Gay With Children


::::::::::::::::
AND

CNN.com: A place for the hairy and proud