and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

WORD OF THE DAY

paradox
n : (in logic) a self-contradiction; 'I always lie'
........................................................



Imagenes de la vida privada de Bert & Ernie
william cruz via airport


BLAH BLOG: REFLEXION OF THE WAY I FEEL NOW
in the manner of redact

I have an etch-a-sketch for a brain. People my age well know the reference from childhood. I can place a memory very firmly in my brain, then turn to look out the window and it's gone. God help me if I have to drive over rough terrain... I'm liable to forget who I am.



"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

NEW YORK TIMES FACELIFT
A Face Lift for The Times, Typographically, That Is
"Starting today, the front page and main news sections of The New York Times are receiving a gentle typographical face-lift.
In place of a miscellany of headline typefaces that have accumulated in its columns over the last century, the newspaper is settling on a single family, Cheltenham, in roman and italic versions and various light and bold weights. A narrow variation will be used for The Times's signature one-column headline, which often appears at the top right of Page A1 on the main article of the day."

The New York Times Press Release