and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Saturday, November 22, 2003

connections redux

dogpoet
"Hey there, thank you, that was very humbling, and very encouraging.
I'm glad you introduced yourself, it'll be great having a new blogger to check in on. Your friend DW wrote me as well, and you both had almost the same subject line in your e-mails. I heard from another blogger that day who said he had played this little game with himself where he pretended that he only had five minutes to take five books with him from his bookshelves, and Cavafy was on the list. I'm certainly inspired to read more of him now. That essay by Rachel Cohen was in the Best American Essays 2003 anthology, you might be interested in it since you like both poets."
Email from dogpoet
"I love house music, heat lightning, and warm nights, which are rare in San Francisco."