and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Monday, November 17, 2003

freudian slip

Mr. DW is moving away. The final destination seems to be Portland, OR with a layover in Kentucky for some family time. I was in his apartment this morning to help with the movers who were supposed to show up at 9:30 am.(alright, we did the Eagle Beer Blast together for the last time - for now - and went to Limelight Avalon to dance his goodbyes - music is a strong association we have - From there to 9:30, it's a blur).

But 9:30 they didn't. The job had been requested for December instead of November. Mr. DW blames the person who took the order. I see a pattern.

Freudian slip or not, it was nice to have some extra DWTime.

Of course I am going to miss him.

I know it's not an easy decision for him, the new yorker he became so quickly, but I believe is the right one. It takes GUTS and MATURITY.

Clarification: Mr. DW is, in fact, the person who invited me to Connexion and who i referred to as 'Friend' on my post about that site. It seems that in trying to keep it on a more generic level and remove the person from the point of view i was expressing (any negative comment i made has absolutely no reflection on my friend mr. dw.) i also 'downgraded' him in the process.
Of good intentions the hell is full, my grandmother was fond of saying...

DEFINITION (Freudian slip)
  • noun:   a slip-up that (according to Sigmund Freud) results from the operation of unconscious wishes or conflicts and can reveal unconscious processes in normal healthy individuals