and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

PUTTING THE 'HO' BACK IN HOTEL

CAN'T WAIT for the tv show ''The Simple Life''... AND I know Paris Hilton is SO over. But I find it all amusing.
From the latest Abercrombie&Fitch Catalog (via Gothamist):
'Are you guys are on Friendster?'
Nicole: No.
Paris: No, but everyone keeps coming up and asking me that. Theyre'like, 'I saw you on Friendster.' And I'm like, 'What does that mean?' And they're like, 'Well, someone is pretending to be you.' I don't even know what it is. Everyone tell me I'm in it, and it's so weird. It's really embarrassing.
Nicole: I think it's over the internet. You go on and meet friends online.
Paris: Um - I'm really not that desperate.

And from Gawker:
"Okay, the ladylike Lloyd Grove obviously needs a hit from his smelling salts. In the Daily News today, he claims that Paris Hilton's answer to the question 'Did you have any other personal-hygiene dilemmas?' (while filming the reality TV show The Simple Life) is 'too graphic and embarrasing [sic] to reprint.'
(Oh God. I'm actually going to transcribe from Abercrombie & Fitch Quarterly. My high school journalism teacher is so proud right now. Here we go.)
Paris: No. The worst was when we went commercial fishing. We came back and we took all our clothes off, and I didn't think it smelled that bad because the scent sort of came with me, but then I walked out of the bathroom for a second and then I walked back in and -- oh my God, the smell... I think I threw up that day.
Nicole: It was so gross -- there were fish guts everywhere.
Paris: And there was a lot of blood all over my clothes."