and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

friends.
forever?

dedicated to Rodrigo.

never
Today was declared a National Mourning Day because of the 'Friends' finale.

How apropos...

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even
your year, but

I'll be there for you
When the rain starts to pour
I'll be there for you
Like I've been there before
I'll be there for you
'Cause you're there for me too

When I came out, a wonderful thing happened: my first lesson on true friendship. Just out of High School. Some 'friends' dropped off my life but the ones that got closer, those are my oldest friends: Leo and Valeria.

I have had two really dark periods in my life: the year after my mother died and this past year.

These were hard times for me but they were also hard on my friends. I could offer very little in terms of friendship. But i needed so much... My one plead was: DO NOT GIVE UP ON ME.

The weeding went on again. People dropped off, new friends were added (Donn and Steven S.), past friends re-acquainted with (Regina and Lisa).

Praise the lord for true friends: without them I would be like the Titanic passengers that did not get into a raft: a HUGE disaster.

Here's the thing:
You can forever watch 'Friends' re-runs or you can write your very own new episodes.

I CHOOSE THE LATTER.

I'll be there for you
'Cause you're there for me too