and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Thursday, May 27, 2004

"If this were beer, I'd be an alcoholic."

"Blogging is a pastime for many, even a livelihood for a few. For some, it becomes an obsession. Such bloggers often feel compelled to write several times daily and feel anxious if they don't keep up. As they spend more time hunkered over their computers, they neglect family, friends and jobs. They blog at home, at work and on the road. They blog openly or sometimes, (...), quietly so as not to call attention to their habit."

Blogging has helped me get thru the darkest period of my life. It has been my lifeline and my cry for help. Even at the lowest points of the past year you could at least find out if I was still alive by simply checking josé. A lot of 'friends' gave up on me because I wouldn't return calls or I wasn't able to open up yet they were unwilling to read my 'diary'. REALLY read it. Between the lines. The worst I felt, the least personal the entries were. Yet, here it was, the little door I kept open. Rigth, Mr. DF? You found that door. And used it.