and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

wise as a whore

And you think, perhaps, there is one guarantee in life (that it ends) and one fairly safe bet as well (that it is painful) and freedom and property are illusions that can only exist in the mind. And that cleverer people have already thought these thoughts and discarded them and why don't I stop this rubbish philosophising already? Oh look, a woman in a stripey hat walking a champagne poodle.

I don't mean to make light of these events, but I'm hoping for a little pickup in the terror-sex department. It would do me the world of good.
Belle de Jour

stop bush!
Having grown up in Brazil during the military dictatorship I had seem pictures just like the ones released recently showing the Iraq prisons.

Having grown up in Brazil during the military dictatorship I had heard of torture techniques used on political prisioners just like the ones reportedly done in the Iraq prisons.

Having grown up in Brazil during the military dictatorship it was a well reported fact that the torturers were specially trained by the CIA.

I'll leave it at that.

[IMAGE: the 60's are back! View Meccapixel's pictures: On Saturday the arrest of two black protesters fueled unrest among a anti-war demonstration participants in new york city.]