and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Saturday, August 14, 2004

gay American

the un-melting pot: I'm having a problem with his choice of qualifiers too.
I have always found it silly that this system requires that we are to assume the right adjective based on, well a persons skin color. And I'm not sure why it's necessary to describe a person by the inherited tribe followed by the current tribe: Asian-American. I don't know what these new titles have done to curb racism in America (which I assume was one of the reasons for creating said system) but it has spawned an entire nonsensical nomenclature for describing people who live in the United States of America.

And it seems to be getting a little out of hand.

Consider today's words of former New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey, 'My truth is that I am a gay American'.