and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

the state of affairs.

Email from Mr. SK:
Guess what happened to me on my way home from work yesterday. I was riding my bicycle down Fifth Avenue. I was planning on meeting coworkers for dinner at 7:30. Part of the street had cones running down it marked for transportation for delegates. I was riding my bike down that lane with a half a dozen other bikers. A traffic cop was directing the bikers off of Fifth Avenue. I stopped and asked the officer why we couldn't go down Fifth Avenue. He told me to keep on moving and I insisted on knowing why I couldn't proceed towards my apartment. At that point, he shoved me, then dragged me to the corner, then threw me against a magazine kiosk. A dozen other officers then jumped on top of me. They then arrested me and booked me for disorderly conduct. I have three witnesses who saw the entire episode and support my account.