and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

 I'm ambulatory. Sort of. I thought I was stronger, being that my world at the hospital had very close, easy-to-reach borders.

I'm staying at my friend Mr DF's on 23rd and 9th and the block between 9th and 8th is sooooo long... So, eventhough the borders have been lifted, my world still feels constrained. I feel constrained.

I'm sure many things will come out of the whole experience. It has too. People are demanding: "you have a new lease in life" and "what are your plans?" They are eager to know which makes for pressure that I do not feel like handling right now. How can I possibly have plans for the future if I cannot see further than 2 blocks?

But one thing has already had a profound impact in my life: the friends that stood by me, motivating me, coming to the hospital as if it were a pic-nic, trying not to notice the machine attached to my neck and spoiling me by catering to all my needs - even if it was for a pedicure... (btw, how is it that Hillary Swank in "Million Dollar Baby" can talk perfectly while in a respirator and I could not? I guess she IS a very good actress...)

So, anyway, the following message was sent by Mr. GZ (originally sent by Mark Nelson but written by Brian A. 'Drew' Chalker) and, like for him, it sums it up for me:

People come into your life for a Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime.

When you know which one it is for a person, you will know what to do for that person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you w/ guidance & support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a Godsend, & they are! They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, w/out any wrong doing on your part, or @ an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up & force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered, & now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons: things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, & put what you have learned to use in all other relationships & areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being a part of my life!