and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Email of the day

"Hi Everyone,

First of all I want to apologize to all of you who were at Roxy last Saturday to hear me play that you had to experience first hand the unfortunate circumstance that occurred.

After being a resident deejay at Roxy for almost 6 years I am sorry to inform you that I decided to leave for good.
As much as I enjoyed playing for all of you, I can no longer accept the unfair treatment I received on a regular basis by promoter John Blair.
I've reached my limit with all his lies, shade, threats, disrespect and phoniness towards me AND my loyal fans.
No deejay in the world at any level in their career should have to feel forced to accept Blair's unprofessional attitude and behavior.
I am not the first Roxy deejay to experience this and I certainly won't be the last.
I will not compromise my artistic integrity anymore because of Blairs ego.

Now for the good news.
I am very excited to announce my new monthly SATURDAY NIGHT residency.
The party will be called "WORK" and it will be held at Club SPIRIT (NYC's most legendary space formerly known as Twilo).
My kick-off party will be on Saturday, March 12th and trust it will be a night to remember.
Further details will follow in the next days.

I want to thank each one of you who emailed me in the last couple of days to show me your love and support.

Thank You and see You all at "WORK" on March 12th.
Peter R."