and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

 "Where are your wireless manners?
As public unplugs, rudeness seems to be getting worse" New Yorker Cartoon by Robert Leighton.

What's up with elimination communication? Why is it all the sudden everywhere? I first read about it in this NYT Op-Ed (TimesSelect but free in the HT). And why wasn't it around when I was born? I would probably be much more functional now. "Thanks to Freud, we also see the bathroom as a snake pit of psychological danger, and believe that the only way to prevent scarring a child for life is to let him or her come to the toilet in his or her own time, assuming there will be a diaper pinned on for as long as it takes."


"Harriet Miers shared a little secret about herself on her application to be an associate justice: "Earlier this year, I received notice that my dues for the District of Columbia bar were delinquent and as a result, my ability to practice law in D.C. had been suspended."" "Naughty Harry: Lawyering without a License" by Maureen Dowd. My friend Bonhomme Soleil made me very happy by finding a way around TimesSelect - t r u t h o u t has transcriptions of the NYT Op-Ed. Thank you!