and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

New Year's Resolutions 1.

remember: nobody cares which N*Sync member you are, what State you are, which Party of Five kid you are, or which Weezer song you are. the second you put one of those things on your blog you need to delete your blog and try out for the marching band. similarilly, nobody gives a shit what the weather is like in your town, nobody wants you to change their cursor into a butterfly, nobody wants to vote on whether your blog is hot or not, and nobody gives a rat ass what song youre listening to. write something Real for you, about you, every day. busblog on 'how to blog'
The weather has finally changed. It's sunny and hot but I shouldn't talk about it. I have added comments but I am afraid they will not come. I know I've said I was against them. And I'm still not convinced otherwise. But I felt the need to change something. Baby steps, kitchenbeard said. Does that count? I think he was responding to my feeling down: "Take the time you need, but create the future you want." Changes. Wants. Steps. It's amazing but you can't escape the idea of renewal that comes with the end of the year. I'm thinking that I need to put down my resolutions here. I'm thinking that I need to come up with them first. And that's what I'm thinking right now.