and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Bingham Cup 2006.


Pictured above: NYC's Gotham Knights. More pictures here.

It was a great way to spend the last two afternoons: my first time in Randall Island. The weather was hot and so were the men. I called us groupies but was informed by Eddie that you need to have had sex with one of the players to be considered a groupie. Last I saw him, he was still trying.

It was also the first time I watched an entire rugby match and made up my mind about joining a team: against it. Like someone said (Eddie, again), it's probably OK on your body only if you are 25. Further disencouragement came from my (brazilian) friend F. who told me how he had a stroke after getting hit in the head during a training session, a couple of years ago. He is fine now but, still...

Unfortunately, the event is over: everybody is going back home. Sidney won. I sort of was rooting for Manchester. Their #13 was H.O.T. Allow us to be superficial...