and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Monday, May 15, 2006

The wrong Guy.

The funniest thing I have seen in a while: Guy Kewney, an IT pundit was waiting (in the wrong place) to be interviewed live by BBC but when his name was called, Guy Goma, who was waiting for a job interview mistakenly answered and was rushed in front of the TV. His face, when he realizes - on air - the mix up, is priceless:



The first question, about the verdict in favor of Apple:
"Were you surprised by this verdict today?"

And the surprise answer:
"I'm very surprised to see the verdict come on me because I was not expecting that. When I came, they told me something else."
The network has apologized to its viewers for a studio mix up that resulted in a man mistakenly appearing on live television as Guy Kewney -- an expert on Internet music downloads. In fact the man was Guy Goma, a Congolese man applying for a technology-related job with the British Broadcasting Corp. Goma followed an employee to the studio after a mistake at a reception desk". CNN