and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dobin-mushi.


Seafood broth steamed (and served) in a tea pot with shrimp, chicken & mushroom.

Mr. DF took me to dinner at Morimoto last night for my birthday. Iron Chef" Masaharu Morimoto's 12,000-square-foot restaurant is a sensory overload. A very pleasurable one. The place seems built for show. Huge as it is we could not get a table. Fine, we had planned to sit at the (24 seat) sushi bar anyway. Highlights were the spicy Morimotini (I know, shame on me), the dobin-mushi and an unbelievable soft shell crab roll.

At one point, Mr. DF said to me: 'See, if you were still in Belo Horizonte we would have missed this'.

Indeed.

While I would have missed getting to know a fabulous restaurant, more importantly, I would not have been able to be with him. He was/is my biggest motivator and if it were not for him I would not be here today. So thank you, thank you, thank you.

these pictures were taken with a cameraphone.