and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Monday, September 04, 2006

NY's Brazilian Independence Day Celebration 2006


Brazilian Independence day is September 7th but in NY it's always celebrated Sunday of Labor Day Weekend.

Sunday of Labor day is also the day, 2 years ago, that I ended up in a hospital bed for reasons that have morphed into something much bigger, in people's mind, than the accident that it really was. It's ok with me that you appropriate of my story, if it is going to help you with your own issues. I just think I'm an unlikely role-model.

This year, Mr DF & Co, in a showing of support - and support to my heritage - decided they would spend the day with me. In spite of all his head-shaking, he says he had fun.

This is my first time using a movie editing software - and it shows.