and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Monday, August 30, 2004

The man who came for drinks.

Bear Blast, blah, blah, blah, lots of fun, blah, blah, blah.

Especially yesterday when, after trying (unsuccessfully) to get arrested over the weekend, Mr. SK decided to join me on the roof so I could try to show to him how much fun it is.

But I just wanted to make sure he knows I am in no way embarassed about the way we met. A couple of people at the Eagle asked how we knew each other - him being a new (very cute) face there. Apparently, I was not sure how to answer it.

A couple of Sundays ago he approached me at Big Cup and asked if I was Brazilian and that we had chatted on Manhunt. I didn't doubt him, it's just that the whole Online cruising thing was such a failed experiment for me that I barely remember it. I could never trade the eye-to-eye contact, not even for just plain sex. In his own words, Manhunt is basically a grocery store of men and we all know there is very little truth in advertising and I need substance. I'm just glad I made an impression, enough he would remember me so long after. And that he came back into Big Cup to give me his phone number.