and

a blog with cultural bulimia.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

My return ticket expired yesterday.

I've been here for 1 month now and I think I will stay longer.

I'm still interviewing, still sleeping in Mr. DF's couch, still having anxiety attacks.

But yesterday I had an afternoon that refreshed my memory on why I chose to come back. It was Glenn's birthday and he had a pot-luck picnic at the 'gay' pier.

 I have love and admired Glenn (El Más Buenón) from the first time I saw him drop his pants in a club and expose his joe boxer's. I have mentioned him here before, mostly as Mr. GZ. He was there for me througout my hospital stay, stringing christmas lights around my bed and he was there to drive me home when I left. He is wise, he is caring, he is fun.

The weather was perfect. The group of guys was great. The energy was positive.

I was home.